Construction Quality Inspector - Cathodic protection
|Date:||3/22/2023 8:00:00 PM +00:00|
|Place of work:||Ruwais,Abu Dhabi|
Job Title: Construction Quality Inspector - Cathodic protection
Project : Borouge 4
Job Location: Ruwais ,Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates’)
Job type/Contract: Temporary (26 Months, Extendable), starts ASAP.
Job summary/Role description
The Quality Control Inspector-Cathodic Protection ensures the implementation of all the installation quality procedures and standards in the appointed area /subcontractor. He/she is responsible for performing inspections on subcontractor’s activities assuring the conformity to site inspection plans and applicable engineering. Ideally he/she shall be a NACE(USA) CP or equivalent (CP Technician Level 2) from Institute of Corrosion Training & Certification Scheme and /or his experience shall be minimum 8 years in CP in QC of tanks, structures, pipeline & foundations.
Duties and responsibilities
- To ensure the implementation of all the Quality/HSE procedures and standards for the areas or activities (subcontractors) of responsibilities, together with the other members of Quality/HSE teams;
- To check that the equipment employed by the Subcontractor are adequate and calibrated as required according to applicable procedures and to the Quality level fixed by the same
- Preparing periodic reports with respect to assigned tasks to be submitted to the line managers.
- Apply knowledge of basic engineering principles and corrosion theory to execute projects or complete various aspects on projects.
- Provide technical supervision and technical assistance to other divisions within the company.
- Independently conduct various field QC tests (e.g. redox potential, soil resistivity, current requirements, etc.).
- Organize and reduce data gathered, prepare charts and tables.
- Conduct interference testing and coordinate bonding with client and affected companies
- Prepare final client QC report including service recommendations.
- Conduct post installation surveys.
- Diagnose and remedy system difficulties during resurvey operations.
- Coordinate engineering aspects of installation process.
- Prepare survey and design reports.
- Ensures optimum efficiency of Cathodic Protection operations for avoiding pipeline corrosion, by reviewing the coating and wrapping deterioration trends.
- Performing other duties related to the job as assigned by the line managers.
- Keeping the Construction Quality Manager informed, receive the Request of Inspection from Subcontractors and confirm to proceed with the inspection informing the Client, assume the responsibility in case of Client’s (motivated) rejection of the inspection taking care of remedial action and avoiding the repetition of similar case in future. The QCI operatively reports to the Construction Quality Manager.
Knowledge & Qualifications
- University Degree or Diploma in Electrical or Chemical Engineering
- Min 8 years of experience in a related field
- Similar role covered in the last three projects; must be of a comparable size;
- NACE certified Cathodic protection technologist / CP technician (level 3 / 2)
- Experience working on the Contractor side.
- Fluent English;
- Excellent IT and analytical skills;
- Good organizational skills and accuracy;
- Strong interpersonal, team-oriented skills, self-motivation and direction, with strong bias toward timely performance and problem resolution;
- Attention to detail, strong communications and interpersonal skill
Requirements and Comments
- Only candidates with considerable experience, consistent with the relevant field, will be considered for this position.
Only spontaneous candidates will be considered for this role.