Construction HSE Engineer
|Place of work:||Abu Dhabi (UAE)|
Job Title: Construction HSE Engineer
Reference: PIR 430003640
Date of issue: 11.08.2023
Project: Borouge 4 4300 Abu Dhabi
Job Location: Abu Dhabi-UAE
Job type/Contract: Contractual, Extendable as per progress of the project.
Salary Range: Competitive salary package with benefits
Job summary/Role description
Maire Tecnimont S.p.A. has announced that its subsidiary, Tecnimont S.p.A., has signed three EPC contracts with Abu Dhabi Polymers Company Ltd. (Borouge) relating to the fourth expansion phase (Borouge 4) of the Ruwais polyolefins complex in Ruwais, located approximately 240 km west of Abu Dhabi City, Abu Dhabi, UAE. He reports to the HSM or, while he is the TCM HSE representative at site, he reports to the Site Manager. He verifies and ensures that all Field activities are performed according to the TCM HSE Policy, the regulations, standards, and procedures, promoting all preventive and corrective action as required.
Duties and responsibilities
• To perform the Job Hazardous Analysis (JHA) and participate to the Job Safety Analysis (JSA).
• Verify the adequacy and application of the Site HSE Plan and all related procedures, to the preparing any revisions.
• To update the HSE documentation during all the construction phases when deemed necessary.
• To check that Subcontractors perform their activities in accordance with all the HSE applicable procedures, regulation and standards, promoting all necessary action to ensure that the said procedures and regulations are observed.
• To organize, plan and participate to periodical HSE walk around, Inspections and Audits on site, prepare all the relevant reports, action plans, verify the follow up and the timely execution of the corrective action.
• To organize, coordinate and directly participate in the HSE Training activities on site.
• To organize and participate to all relevant site HSE Meetings, prepare the relevant MOM.
• To co-operate with the Client concerning the issue of any necessary work permits.
• To organize in case of work accidents a full investigation of the event, finalized to the identification of corrective measure to avoid reoccurrence.
• To keep accident records, identifying the areas to which prevention must be addressed.
• To perform and or promote the indoctrination / training of personnel.
• Lead and coordinate the activities off the Site HSE Committee (composed by all Contractor and Subcontractors HSE Representative).
• To lead and coordinate the site emergency response team and fire prevention/fighting team, organizing training and emergency drill mock activities.
• To prepare the HSE section of the construction monthly progress report and other periodical report.
• To prepare and update the Site HSE Statistics, verify the performance versus the Project and corporate HSE Objective, Targets and performance indicators; propose recovery plan in case of mismatch.
Knowledge & Qualifications
- Suitable University Degree / Diploma
- At least 10 years’ experience in a similar position in EPC Oil & Gas/petrochemical projects.
Skills and Abilities
- Fluent English.
- Excellent IT and analytical skills.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Strong interpersonal, team-oriented skills, self-motivation and direction, with strong bias toward timely performance and problem resolution.
- Attention to detail, strong communications, and interpersonal skills.
Only candidates with significant experience, consistent with the relevant field, will be considered for this position.
The information submitted shall include:
- date of birth (dd/mm/yyyy)
- expected salary ($/year, gross)
- notice period (weeks)
- email address of the candidate.