Construction Mechanical Superintendent - machinery
|Place of work:||Belgium|
Job Title: Construction Machinery Superintendent, MAP Static & Rotating (Glass Lining)
Reference: PIR 430501520
Project: Covestro, Belgium
Job Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Job type/Contract: Temporary, start date ASAP until July 2024
Salary range: Competitive salary package with benefits
Job summary/Role description
Mechanical Superintendent (MAP) is responsible for the coordination of Mechanical Construction and directs Subcontractor activities, ensuring that Construction works are performed according to the erection schedules and Project documents, within the assigned cost budget, and according to Quality & Safety procedures, as well as according to the terms and conditions of the subcontract.
Duties and responsibilities
- Management of Mechanical Subcontractor(s) for static and rotating equipment;
- Prior to the start of works, check the Supplier’s material and technical documentation delivery schedule. Check that the same is in line with Construction schedules and contractual commitments;
- Prior to the start of works, control and approve the Method Statements submitted by the Subcontractors, ensuring their correct application on the field;
- Ensures the implementation of all the HSE procedures and standards for the areas or activities (subcontractors) of responsibilities;
- Ensure that their performances are carefully monitored in terms of schedule, quality, and cost, and coordinate all necessary recovery actions whenever detect deviation from schedule or specifications;
- Assign tasks to the supervisors/assistants;
- Checks that the said schedule is kept to, and to promotes action to recover any delay;
- Checks Subcontractors’ work progress status sheets and signs the same for approval.
Knowledge & Qualifications
- University Degree or Diploma in relevant discipline or equivalent.
- Significant machinery experience in industrial construction of Large/XL petrochemical plants;
- Significant experience working at Construction, EPC Projects
- Similar role covered at least in last three projects, of comparable size;
- Five (5) years relevant field experience;
- Experience working on Contractor side;
Skills and Abilities
- Fluent English;
- Excellent IT and analytical skills;
- Attention to detail, excellent communications skills;
- Strong interpersonal, team-oriented skills, self-motivation and direction, with strong bias toward timely performance and problem resolution
Special Requirements and Comments
Only spontaneous candidates will be considered for this role.
Only candidates that are legally authorized to work in the EU will be considered for the position.
Only candidates that now or in the future NOT require sponsorship for employment visa status, will be considered.