Job Title: Insulation Supervisor, IPS
Reference: PIR 407803290
Date of issue: 27/04/2023
Job Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Job type/Contract: Temporary, start date: ASAP
Salary range: Competitive
Job summary/Role description
Insulation Supervisor (IPS) directs Subcontractor activities for his own discipline, ensuring that Plant Construction works are performed according to the erection schedules and Project documents, within the assigned cost budget, and according to Quality & Safety procedures, as well as according to the terms and conditions of the subcontract. One or more assistants to whom he may delegate some functions, may support him.
Duties and responsibilities
- Prior to the start of works, to check the Supplier’s material and technical documentation delivery schedule. Check that the same is in line with Construction schedules and contractual commitments;
- To check that the said schedule is kept to, and to promote action to recover any delay;
- To check that the equipment and manpower employed by the Subcontractor are adequate and that the works performed by the Subcontractor conform to design documents, Safety regulations, and to the Quality level fixed by the same;
- To prepare the non-conformity register for each Subcontractor and co-ordinate non-conformity
- To detect any design errors, and where possible rectify the same or request the Site Engineer to make the necessary changes;
- To check Subcontractors’ work progress status sheets and sign the same for approval;
- To manage vendor specialists;
- To assist the Contract Engineer in defining new prices, in preparing amendments to subcontracts and in analyzing and discussing claims;
- In Home Office (whenever possible) to cooperate with the project team for the Constructability and feasibility studies, with APPAL for technical tabulation of the civil bidders’ proposals and clarification meeting with the bidders, with civil department to analyze/define the WR to be included in the Scope of Work of Subcontractor.
Knowledge & Qualifications
- University Degree or Diploma in relevant discipline or equivalent
- CINI / FROSIO level 2 certifications
- Relevant experience in construction/modernization of oil & gas /industrial sector/ EPC projects large refinery plants;
- At least 5 years of experience in the specific discipline;
- Similar role covered in last three projects, of comparable size;
- Experience working on Contractor side.
Skills and Abilities
- Fluent English;
- Excellent IT and analytical skills;
- Excellent communications, team-oriented and interpersonal skills;
- Attention to details;
- Self-motivation and direction, with a strong bias toward timely performance and problem resolution.
Special Requirements and Comments
Only spontaneous candidates with significant experience, consistent with the relevant field and the right to work in EU will be considered for this position.