Construction NDT & Welding Inspector
|Place of work:||Kallo, Belgium|
Job Title: Construction NDT & Welding Inspector
Reference: PIR 407803790
Date of issue: 01/17/2023
Job Location: Kallo, Antwerp, Belgium
Job type/Contract: Temporary. Jun.2023 till Apr.2023 renewable
Salary range: Competitive salary with benefits
Job summary/Role description
- The NDT & Welding Inspector verifies that non-destructive tests have been correctly performed according to welding procedure qualifications, welds and heat treatment specifications.
Duties and responsibilities
- Witness the welding coupon and destructive non-destructive test execution on shop or at Laboratories for preparation of Procedure Qualification Record (PQR)
- Support the Home office Welding Group during cycle for the approval of Procedure Qualification Record (PQR), Welding Procedure Specification (WPS) and PWHT procedure.
- Witness the Subcontractor Welder Qualification process
- Check that welding material respects the requirements of the approved WPS
- Check that welding machines and ovens are continuously calibrated
- Check that shop and field welds are performed in compliance with PROJECT specifications and with approved WPS/PQR, NDE and PWHT Procedures, etc.
- Witness the execution of non-destructive tests, heat treatment and hardness test
- Check the execution of positive material identification test
- Grant that welding activities and the tests are recorded by Subcontractors in the welding data base
- Check that all repairs are performed correctly, and non-destructive tests are regularly repeated;
- Obtain any necessary approval from Home Office Welding Group for deviation, as appropriate, to welding procedures and for performing repairs requiring special procedures;
- Verify the adequacy of information on NDE Reports
- Verify that adequate and valid welder approvals are available and that only approved welders as required are used in production
Knowledge & Qualifications
- Diploma or a degree in a Civil discipline or equivalent
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience as a Welding & NDT Inspector;
- Significant experience in construction of fertilizer or petrochemical plants;
- Similar role covered in projects that are of a comparable size;
Skills and Abilities
- Fluent English;
- Excellent IT, analytical, communications and interpersonal skills;
- Strong interpersonal, team-oriented skills. Self-motivation and direction, with strong bias toward timely performance and problem resolution;
- Attention to detail, and the ability to read and draft blueprints (as-built), strong communications and interpersonal skills.
Special Requirements and Comments
- Only spontaneous candidates will be considered for this role.
- Only candidates that are legally authorized to work in the EU will be considered for the position.
- Only candidates that now or in the future NOT require sponsorship for employment visa status, will be considered.