- Position: Commissioning Supervisor-Refinery -COS
- Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria
- Start Date: February 2023 (24 months extendable contract)
Executes the activities pertaining to the pre-commissioning and commissioning of an entire unit of the Plant. Operates in compliance with the quality requirements, health/environmental/safety regulations and following the stated procedures.
COS reports to the Commissioning Manager or, in complex organizations, to the Commissioning Superintendent. He is assigned to the Project by AVIMP / Commissioning Department Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
COS's main responsibilities are:
- To develop the detailed pre-commissioning procedures according to the instructions of Commissioning Manager or Commissioning Superintendent.
- To field check the DAC and prepare relevant Commissioning punch list, following the CME instructions.
- To assure that all activities such as flushing/blowing, reinstatement of piping components and local instruments, leak test, motor run-in, machinery run-in, static equipment inspections, cleaning, internals installations, box-up are duly performed in accordance with the stated procedures, in conformity with the safety rules and as per the instructions of Commissioning Manager or Commissioning Superintendent.
- To organize and manage the operations in field of the assigned team from the Sub Contractor by controlling their job and the implementation of Plant Safety procedures in case of emergency.
- Support the Vendors’ specialists in the execution of the job and coordinate their actions with the Commissioning supervisors.
- Supervise the works of vendors’ specialists and ensure their efficient utilization.
- To keep records of all activities performed in the logbook.
- To produce the certificates, duly signed by the involved parties, and handover to certification engineer (QA/QC).
- Can be the authorized person designated by the site manager to receive or issue a Permit To Work according to the project Permit To Work Procedure