Civil & Structural Engineer PE TX
|Place of work:||Houston TX|
Job Title: Civil & Structural Engineer PE TX
Job type/Contract: Permanent
Salary range: Competitive.
We are an international leader in the field of plant engineering, rooted in the pioneering experience of Italian industrial technology shaping the new frontiers of Engineering Innovation. We embody the contractor spirit of the Group in Engineering, Procurement & Construction of large scale projects worldwide.
Our expertise in realizing mega Projects all over the world has positioned the company among the top-notch players, with outstanding references in the management of large integrated turn-key complex projects by acting as the EPC contractor for the Client.
She/he provides seal & stamp of civil engineering documentation as USA professional Engineer on a specific project.
She/he is the TCM Civil Group focal point in U.S.A. and the mentor for any technical issue related to civil engineering in U.S.A based projects.
• On a specific project, provide seal & stamp of civil engineering documentation as USA professional Engineer, upon proper check as USA regulation dictates;
• To mentor civil engineers in order to develop civil engineering as the American market is familiar to: providing advice on specific questions, checking and amending one-of-a-kind technical documents for a project, proposing technical solutions, which optimize the project’s costs in accordance with the contract’s technical requirements and the American approach to engineering, supporting in interpreting local norms or standards as well as Client comments;
• To support the civil engineering procurement activities in the North American market: providing advice on specific questions, and amending one-of-a-kind Material Requisition related documents, commenting and implementing project Vendor list, checking and amending Split Of Work with Vendor, facilitating if requested contacts with local Vendors, providing support to new Vendor qualification in the North American market, supporting if requested logistic department on specific issues;
• To support the civil engineering subcontracting activities in the North American market: providing advice on specific questions, checking and amending one-of-a-kind civil Engineering Subcontracting Supply Specification related documents, checking and amending Split Of Work with engineering subcontractors, proposing new civil engineering subcontractors, facilitating if requested contacts with local civil engineering subcontractors, providing support to new Engineering Subcontractors qualification in the North American market;
• To support the construction subcontracting activities in the North American market as far as civil engineering topics are concerned: providing advice on specific questions, checking and amending one-of-a-kind WR Subcontracting Supply Specification related documents, checking and amending Split Of Work with construction subcontractors, facilitating if requested contacts with local construction subcontractors as far as engineering topics are concerned, providing support to new construction subcontractors qualification in the North American market as far as engineering topics are concerned;
• Support contact with local authorities for projects in the North American markets;
Notice To Candidates
Background checks are carried out as part of any conditional offer made, including (but not limited to & role dependant) education, professional registration, employment, references, passport verifications and Global Watchlist screening.
To Be Considered Candidates
Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
Basic Job Requirements
Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in engineering field of study and minimum seven (7) years of work-related experience in designing various types of foundations and steel structures for midstream and/or downstream facilities in the Oil & Gas and Chemical/Petrochemical industry.
Texas PE recognized certification in the applicable field.
Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors.
Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job.
Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines.
Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner.
Civil Engineering degree or global equivalent.
Typically has ten (10) years of project construction experience.
Ability to speak/read multiple languages.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Basic or intermediate computer and software skills to include the use of word processing and email as well as the basic or intermediate use of spreadsheets.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.