Subcontracting Engineer Beaumont TX
|Place of work:||Beaumont TX - Houston TX|
We are an in the field of plant engineering, rooted in the pioneering experience of Italian industrial technology shaping the new frontiers of Engineering Innovation. We embody the contractor spirit of the Group in .
Our expertise in realizing all over the world has positioned the company among the top-notch players, with outstanding references in the management of by acting as the for the Client.
Subcontracting Engineer is responsible to perform economic analysis of the received bids during subcontracting activities, in accordance with Company’s Subcontracting Procedure and Project specific procedures.:
• Tabulate and analyze the quoted unit rates, performing different price analysis including comparison between bidders, cross check of quoted unit rates with prices provided during proposal phase (if applicable) and/or in-house prices data base; analyze also quoted prices on EPC basis, upon key quantity provided by subcontractors, and cross check them with engineering expectations;
• Analyze quoted Indirect prices with relevant tabulation and evaluation;
• Analyze Bidders technical documents strictly related with quoted prices (manpower histograms, construction equipment lists, deploy of indirect personnel etc.);
• Collect and retrieve available data from previous awarded subcontracts of same typology and magnitude, useful to anticipate analysis on expected data, while waiting for subcontractors quotations;
• Check the clearness, completeness and consistency with Subcontract Documents of the WS from Construction Engineering, WRs/QPLs from Technical Disciplines and availability of Construction Schedules and Budgets from Project Control, reporting results to the Construction Subcontracts Manager for consolidation;
• Participate in the preparation of the Inquiry form and Instruction to Bidders, expedite the Bids receipt from Bidders and, following the receipt of bids, participate to the distribution of the Unpriced Quotations to all the involved Functions for analysis and preparation of Technical Bid Evaluation, if required;
• Prepare Economical Bids Evaluations (preliminary, intermediate and final tabulations) including evaluation of main cost drivers;
• Attend to the clarification and negotiation meetings;
• Provide the necessary information to start the project prequalification of the subcontractors invited to quote;
• Participate to the preparation of the formal Subcontract;
• Assist, as required, Construction Proposals during the construction estimating process (quotations tabulations);
• Take care of the filing and update of an archive of technical and commercial data related to Subcontracts, to be used for the preparation of future subcontract activities.
Background checks are carried out as part of any conditional offer made, including (but not limited to & role dependant) education, professional registration, employment, references, passport verifications and Global Watchlist screening.
Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in engineering field of study and three to five (3-5) years of work-related experience; a recognized certification or registration in the applicable field, if required; some locations may have additional or different qualifications in order to comply with local requirements.
Availability to work on site.
Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors.
Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job.
Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines.
Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner.
Mechanical or Civil Engineering degree or global equivalent.
Typically has four (4) years of project construction experience.
Ability to speak/read multiple languages.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Basic or intermediate computer and software skills to include the use of word processing and email as well as the basic or intermediate use of spreadsheets.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.