Job Title: Contract Manager
Job Location: Houston TX Beltways Lakes Northwest assigned to Any Project
Job type/Contract: Permanent
Salary range: Competitive.
We are an international leader in the field of plant engineering, rooted in the pioneering experience of Italian industrial technology shaping the new frontiers of Engineering Innovation. We embody the contractor spirit of the Group in Engineering, Procurement & Construction of large scale projects worldwide.
Our expertise in realizing mega Projects all over the world has positioned the company among the top-notch players, with outstanding references in the management of large integrated turn-key complex projects by acting as the EPC contractor for the Client.
· To transfer contractual documents and information to the Project Team as appropriate (for example, through dedicated contract-induction sessions);
· To prepare in advance the “tools” to be used during the course of the Project, in particular: the diagram of the Contract, the list of notices and communications under the Contract, the wording of the standard notices;
· To identify the contractual provisions which must be transferred to vendors and convey such provisions to the Project Procurement Manager/Coordinator in order to finalize the Special Purchase Conditions;
· To identify the contractual provisions which must be transferred to subcontractors and convey such provisions to the Project Subcontracting Manager/Coordinator in order to finalize the Project Special Subcontracting Conditions;
· To prepare the documents necessary to ensure that confidentiality obligations towards the Client and the other parties involved are fulfilled by Operating Company, subconractors and vendors;
· To assist the PM/PD and the other members of the Project Team in handling the contractually relevant matters;
· To draft the correspondence concerning contractual matters;
· To keep record of the cases when client and partners do not fulfil their contractual obligations, assess the consequences thereof in relation to cost and time with the support of the Project Control Manager and inform the PM/PD in order to duly notify the involved party;
· To identify and prepare the change order requests and the claims with the support of the Project Control Manager, the other members of the Project Team and timely issue such requests to the Client along with the required documentation;
· To participate in the negotiation of the change orders and claims;
· To keep record of the status of change orders and claims;
· To identify, with the support of the members of the Project Team, the delays and disruptions attributable to Client’s or partners’ responsibilities or to events not under Contractor’s controland duly notify the same;
· To participate in the negotiation and finalization of contract amendments, supported by the Contract Negotiator as required;
· To inform promptly Legal Affairs and Contracts when disputes with Clients and partners are likely to result in litigation proceedings;
· To support Legal Affairs and Contracts in the management of litigation proceeding;
· To support Project Risk/Opportunity Management in quantitative and qualitative evaluation of project risk during the executive phase;
· To support Group Treasury in management of project bank warranties;
· To support the Project Control Manager in the management of the invoices issued to the Clients and/or Partners.
Notice To Candidates
Background checks are carried out as part of any conditional offer made, including (but not limited to & role dependant) education, professional registration, employment, references, passport verifications and Global Watchlist screening.
To Be Considered Candidates
Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
Basic Job Requirements
Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors.
Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job.
Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines.
Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner.
· Degree in either engineering discipline or Law;
· 8/10 years experience in a similar role in multinational and EPC business context;
· Excellent communication, leadership and management attitudes;
· Good writing skills;
· Proficient in English - both speaking and writing;
· Third language possibly required;
· Available to travel in Italy and abroad.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
Job Type: Full-time